Sunday, July 29, 2012

Recent music discovery

When it comes to music I like to consider myself a "jack of all trades". If it sounds good I'll listen to it. The term "good" in this case is subjective because everybody has their own idea of what good music is. I listen heavily to rock music, e.g., metal, alternative, indie, classic rock but I dabble in a little rap but I'm very particular about what kind of rap. Example: my favorite being Aceyalone. If you haven't heard him look up his album Book of Human Language. It's very poetic and has allusions to Louis Carrol's Through the Looking Glass. Most recently my wife introduced me to an artist by the name of Alex Clare. His most popular song right now is "Too Close" which kinda has some dub step roots to it without the annoying bass drops and has some great vocals by Alex himself. It's interesting because it's like an anti love ballad compared to a lot of those sappy love songs that are hitting the radio waves these days. Another song of his that I'm currently listening to is "Rest my Beloved". He's very much a break from the norm and deserves a listen from anyone who's interested in that kind of music. I've also discovered a group called Noisia. I hate to use this term when defining the genre because it's just so broad but they would fall into a techno genre. My favorite song by them so far is called "Alpha Centari". The reason I like it so much is if you close your eyes and relax while you listen to it, your imagination can go wild and me personally it's just very calming. Anyway, check those out if you're interested and let me know what you if you listen to them

No comments:

Post a Comment