Saturday, July 28, 2012

My thoughts on The Dark Knight Rises

So this past Monday I went with a friend of mine again to see TDKR. Now I'm a HUGE fan of director Christopher Nolan. His batman trilogy aside; memento, insomnia and inception are my favorite movies and I'd say are a must have for any movie buffs movie collection. The movie starts off in a plane ride with some CIA agents asking the whereabouts of Bane, a chemically modified gorilla that's built a brick shit house. Que bad guy entrance. Tom Hardy plays the role of Bane and, I might add, very convincingly. It's now eight years after the events and Gotham City is crime free thanks to the Dent Act that gives the law more muscle to tackle organized crime so, as a result, Bruce Wayne (Batman) has become a recluse in Wayne manor. Michael Caine reprises his role as Alfred, Wayne's faithful caretaker and ill add his role brings a big rmotional impact to the story, which I wont go to in depth on because its really something you have to experience for yourself. Long story short, the arrival of Bane brings Batman out of hiding, all the while battling numerous emotional and physical battles to take out Bane. Joseph Gordon-Levitt also joins the cast as a very bright detective who plays a big role in bringing Batman back to life. Gordon-Levitt has really become one of my favorite actors. The role he played in inception really brought to my attention that he's grown a lot since the days of "3rd rock from the sun" and he didn't disappoint me this time around either. Overall, all performances in the film were spectacular and the action sequences were very well done. The only (minor) problem I had was sometimes the pace of the story lulled in a few spots. The final installment of the batman trilogy wasn't by any means as spectacular but it was still good. I say the dark knight still has to be my favorite out of the three just because Heath Ledger as the joker is largely what made that film so great. I was excited about this film because Bane was going to be the villain. I really wanted to see how they were going to pull it off and I think Tom Hardy did a good job as Bane. Overall, great movie and it's definitely worth seeing especially if you're anywhere near an IMAX theater

1 comment:

  1. Great review!

    Chris Nolan has created one of the best trilogies. I too like all of his movies.

    I agree with you about this being a fitting end to the trilogy. I liked the fact that Bruce Wayne's story was the main focus of the movie.

    Chris Bale was at his best and Anne was great as Selina as well.

    Check out my review .

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete